Colorado’s Health Information Technology Roadmap Refresh Project Update
We want to hear from YOU! Colorado is refreshing its state Health Information Technology (IT) Roadmap under the direction of the eHealth Commission and the Office of eHealth Innovation (OeHI), in partnership with the Colorado Health Institute, and your input is needed.
The 2021 Roadmap will chart a path for harnessing and expanding the digital tools and services needed to advance affordability, access, and equity in health care. It will identify policies, funding strategies, and technology services that Colorado can implement over the next five years to meet the state’s most significant health IT needs and priorities.
This is an opportunity to advance the State’s BOLD priorities and to align and collaborate with communities, patients and consumers, state agencies, and partners across Colorado to develop strategies to improve and strengthen our health and equity efforts supported by a coordinated health IT ecosystem over the next 3-5 years.
There are several upcoming opportunities to provide input, collaborate, and learn about this refreshed strategy. Please join us online, or in person! More information in the Governor’s Office press release, and additional details below:
Colorado’s Health IT Roadmap Webinars
- VIRTUAL - Friday, August 27th: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Register at: https://colo.health/roadmap1
- VIRTUAL - Wednesday, September 1st: 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Spanish interpretation available. Register at https://colo.health/roadmap2
Colorado’s Health IT Roadmap Site Visit- Trinidad, Colorado
- IN-PERSON - Tuesday, August 31: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Trinidad State College, Pioneer room. Lunch provided. Register here.
Please share your thoughts in a short online survey here- available in English and Spanish.
For more information on the roadmap refresh, check out this one pager.
8th Annual Innovation Summit: September 15 - 16
Join us for the 8th annual Colorado Health Innovation Summit, being held September 15-16 in partnership with the Office of eHealth Innovation and Prime Health! The Summit is one of the largest health innovation events in Colorado and in the Mountain West region. It will take place virtually on September 15 and cover the state of the state topics. September 16 will focus on equity and innovation and take place in a hybrid format. This year's Summit will feature Executive Director of the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing, Kim Bimestefer, a surprise Health Care Jeopardy host, and much more. More details below:
Colorado’s Innovation Summit hosted by Prime Health and OeHI
- VIRTUAL – Wednesday September 15: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *eHealth Commission Panel and Keynotes from Lt. Governor Primavera and Executive Director Bimestefer*
- IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL OPTION- Thursday September 16: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. *Special Jeopardy event and outdoor conversation cabanas*
Applications Open for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB)
Applications opened for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB) on May 12th! The EBB Program was created to help households struggling to pay for internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. It allows eligible households to receive a discount from their providers on broadband Internet services and associated equipment rentals of up to $50 per month, or for eligible households on tribal lands, up to $75 per month. For information about how to apply, call 833-511-0311 or visit getemergencybroadband.org/how-to-apply
Fill out your application today using the forms below:
The next eHealth Commission Meeting is Wednesday, October13th 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Web Conference Only
Please join us for our October eHealth Commission Meeting. Materials will be posted below as they are available. Until then, please review materials from our September meeting below:
- September 2021 eHealth Commission Agenda
- September 2021 eHealth Commission Meeting Slides
- [DRAFT] eHealth Commission Workgroup Highlights + Decision Items September 2021
- September Meeting Youtube Live Stream
Public Comment: Please use this form to provide any public comment for consideration during the upcoming eHealth Commission meeting. Please submit all comments 24-hours prior to the upcoming meeting on October 13th.
Click here to sign up for communications on upcoming meetings.
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Location: This meeting will be web-conference only and 2 hours.
We also have a new conference line for the meeting as this meeting will now be in webinar format.
Please either use the web-line or dial-into the new number US +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 838 7864 3457 Passcode: 541571
✆ iPhone one-tap: US: +12532158782,,83878643457#,,,,,,0#,,541571# or +13462487799,,83878643457#,,,,,,0#,,541571#
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83878643457
Zoom Passcode: 33W1fQ
This meeting has a capacity of 100 participants. If you are unable to join, please tune into the livestream on Youtube HERE.
To learn more about past eHealth Commission Meetings, and to access previous minutes, agendas, and presentations, please visit our eHealth Commission page.
Lead Colorado's Health IT Strategy - Join the eHealth Commission
Colorado's eHealth Commission is accepting applications! Please apply if you are interested in serving on the Commission. You can complete the application by following the instructions on this page.
To learn more about the eHealth Commission, our members, and what we do, please visit our eHealth Commission page.
Public OeHI & eHealth Commission Calendar
Colorado Vaccination Resources
- https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine: Colorado’s COVID-19 vaccination website that provides information on how/where you can get a vaccine; background information on the vaccines; and vaccine FAQs
- Colorado’s COVID-19 vaccine hotline is 1-877-CO VAX CO (1-877-268-2926). It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in multiple languages.
- To opt-in to receive the latest COVID-19 vaccine information, people can text “vaccine” for English or “vacuna” for Spanish to 1-855-355-4566.
- Para optar por recibir la información más reciente sobre la vacuna COVID-19, las personas pueden enviar un mensaje de texto con “vacuna” en español al 1-855-355-4566.
- Power the Comeback, an integrated marketing campaign to inform and educate Coloradans about the various COVID-19 vaccines has a social media toolkit including graphics and sample posts to encourage our communities to get vaccinated.
Colorado’s Health IT Roadmap is the result of an extensive and ongoing collaborative effort led by the Office of eHealth Innovation (OeHI) and steered by the eHealth Commission. Developed with input from over 1000 stakeholders from many Colorado communities, the Roadmap was recently approved by the Governor's Office and by the eHealth Commission for implementation. To view Colorado's Health IT Roadmap, click here. To reserve a copy of Colorado's Health IT Roadmap click here. Implementation planning is under way for many of the Roadmap's key initiatives. Every month at the eHealth Commission Meetings, OeHI is spotlighting several initiatives and corresponding efforts. Interested in getting involved in Colorado's Health IT Roadmap efforts? Sign up for the Office of eHealth Innovation newsletter or contact Carrie Paykoc, Director of OeHI, via email at email@example.com.
The Office of eHealth Innovation (OeHI) and eHealth Commission have updated Colorado's Health IT Roadmap. Click here to check out the latest version.
Additional OeHI Resources
OeHI recently initiated the effort to map the infrastructure of the various health IT systems in the state and the relationships to each other. The latest version of the map is available here. Please note that this is an ongoing effort with continual revisioning.
Check out our ongoing eHealth commission workgroups, learn about each group and find out the next workgroup meeting.
To learn more about OeHI's efforts and receive our quarterly newsletter, please click here.